Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody please help to identify my model.It is a 1989 9000 turbo, 5 door hatch, glass sunroof,leather trim,fold down rear seats, climate control, auto trans,cruise, cat converter.
I live in Western Australia and the car was delivered here new (not to me )the chassis number is YS3CD58L9K1024137. THANKS IN ADVANCE IF YOU CAN HELP. I love the car and it is quite unusual out here so it gets lots of nice comments, the paint and trim has stood up very well to our climate but the leather had been neglected so I frequently give it a good work in with neatsfoot oil which is something I remember from when I was a young lad and my old Dad used to do it to his Morris Oxford back in the 50s

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
You have :

Specification for Saab 9000 VIN: YS3CD58L9K1024137

Model year :1989

Model series : Turbo

Body style : 5-door Combi-Coupe

Engine :Turbo, B202 with intercooler (2.0l turbo)

Transmission :4-speed automatic

Built at : Trollhattan line A

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hello Jerry,
I can't add any more information from your VIN beyond what has already been posted. I also have an '89 9000T and it is within 130 of your's off the production line (serial # 024276 as compared to your 024137). Other than mine being a 5-speed, they sound very similar in terms of equipment. A couple of pictures of mine are posted in the Saabscene Forecourt under:

Rod'899kT "Loki"

Good luck with your car -- they're great autos! I've the head off mine just now to r/r a burnt valve.

Cheers,
Rod.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all of you who posted a reply. No it is standard on 15in rims and no spoilers.
It has now got 200,000 Km on the clock so I put a new timing chain on it recently as a precaution but as it it happened it was not bad, I did it in situ and it only took about 1.5 hrs and sounded like a new engine afterwards, if any one wants to know how to do it I will be glad to write a story.As our model did not get a proper title I will have to think up a good name for it, any ideas???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts