Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there away of telling what model of 9000T one has? all my emblems on rear of car are missing except Saab and 9000....Also what is a talladega ?? Also anyone know what size the stock fog lamps are ...and who makes aftermarket ones to replace them with?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Not sure what you mean by what model, but you can get some info from the VIN using the decoder on Bill's Saab9000.com site:
http://www.saab9000.com/information/vin.php
It would help to know what model year your car is as things like fog lamps can vary. I recently installed Bosch Pilot 150 foglamps on my '89 9k. I think the originals were Hellas, but these are similar in size and appearance.
The Talladega was a special edition 9000 to take advantage of the Long Run that Saab ran at the Talladega speedway. Look at: http://saabpics.nailed.org:3000/gallery/albup06
A Google search should get you the info you want about the model.
Rod.

·
Registered
174 Posts
AFAIK, other than identifying model-specific equipment that's on your car, I don't think, then, that the VIN will tell you more than you already know. All I can suggest try a couple of the photo galleries on the various 9000 sites and try and match your car to something there. There's many galleries -- for example: http://www.saabcentral.com/gallery/9000_a.php
I do know that there are some differences by model year between the North American models and European cars, so it may take a little digging. Some cars were also country-specific -- eg, the Carlsson wasn't offered in NA, and I don't think the Talladega was offered in Europe(??). Can you post a picture of your car -- that might help someone pick it right off.
Rod.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Unlike Europe and the UK, here in the 'States there were only 3 9000 models sold in '92: 9000, 9000S, & 9000T. Some might argue 5 models ( the previous plus the CD and Griffin). In '92 there was only one turbo motor available in the US and they were all the 200 hp, Garrett, B234 motors.
The basic 9000 came with cloth seats, no sunroof, no ACC, and no turbo. The 9000S had leather, a sunroof, but no ACC and no turbo. The 9000T came loaded with everything, including TCS, I believe.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by Scaero (ecopower stg0):
[qb]And if you want to see the choice we had around then, have a look here...[/qb][/b]
Plus the fact that loads of stuff was optional. I believe this difference is due to the fact that we tend to order our cars from the dealer and wait for them to be built to our spec., while in the US it seems more usual to go to a dealer, buy a car from their stock and drive home in it the same day.

For example, even a few people in the UK have been surprised that one of my CSEs has cloth seats and that neither have electric seats. Or that, despite the CSEs having wooden dash trim, my Aero doesn't.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Originally posted by gundam_007:
[qb]well i checked my VIN on BillJ's site and it shows i just have a plan old run of the mill 9000Turbo [/qb][/b]
HEY! There is nothing "plain" about the 9000T! I Resent that I have the 87 9000T looks good as a saab can, well...it isn't an SPG 900, but it's still a nice one. Good luck with it. What does it have as millage, not sure if ya wrote that anywhere.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts