Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all i know you all are tired of seeing all my posts ... , but i'm new to Saab and no owners manual, was wondering what the base horse power and torque was on a 92 9000Turbo unmodified

·
Registered
312 Posts
I don't know if the horsepower ratings are different for the States or not but I believe the 2.0 turbo was rated at 170hp and the 2.3 turbo was 200hp. The '92's were a good year horsepower wise!!

Regards,
John

·
Registered
623 Posts
A small correction. I believe that the 170hp engine was the 2.3 LPT, not the 2.0. The 2.0 was in LPT for with 150 and in FPT with 185hp, as far as I know the latter was in 900 and was fitted to 9000 only for our italian market.
N/A power were 130 and 146 hp for 2.0 and 2.3 I think.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Yes, burns, just loke ours , but our car weren't no more in '92, so I assumed that Gundam's car could only be just a 2.3 if he's in US (as he is) or a CS/CSE if he's in europe. In europe the 2.0 since '92 had 185hp.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Stefano:
[qb]Yes, burns, just loke ours       , but our car weren't no more in '92, so I assumed that Gundam's car could only be just a 2.3 if he's in US (as he is) or a CS/CSE if he's in europe. In europe the 2.0 since '92 had 185hp. [/qb][/b]
Yeah i forgot to mention that it is a 2.3liter 9000 Turbo , sorry so were talking what 140 hp and how much torque?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
gundam,

do you have any opportunity to get a manual from a Saab dealer in the USA? If not, some of the dealers here sometimes sell off their spare manuals for old models at very low prices. Although the specification might be slightly different on your side of the pond, a UK manual might be better than no manual. Haymill Saab here in the UK have an open day on 7th June, and it might be worthwhile e-mailing them and asking them to sell you a manual at a knock-down price

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.