Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I had this issue about 2 years back and when I floored it at one stage and the car cut out - called the rescue services no codes and on startup and high revs the issue had gone.

The other day car was fine one way but on the journey back the issue came back when trying to floor it at 3000 revs and haven't managed to get rid of the issue. No codes that I can get off my ELM's, no engine light (It's on in the video this is probably due to me disconnecting the APC - it has now cleared itself after 3-5 starts). I have changed sparks and given the car its service for the year. I have tested with a backup DI Cassette and issue persists.

Does anyone know straight off if its the knock sensor or the APC or something else that they may have experienced? It's a 2000MY SAAB 9-5 135k

Thanks for any replies as we must be a dying breed now...

Link to video

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, to answer my own question - I have changed the Crankshaft Position Sensor and the problem has gone. If anyone follows any of the YT videos - just drop the exhaust pipe as it makes it a hell of a lot easier getting to the screw (T30) that holds the heat plate and sensor in place. Mission Accomplished.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts