Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was fiddling about with stuff in the dash yesterday. To cut a long story short, I broke the little circuit board that holds the resistor in front of the climate control impeller underneath the drivers heated seat button.

I was assuming that this contols the impeller which draws air in to check the temp. Is this right?

The climate control now seems to be trying to make the cabin much hotter - I thought it would have been the other way round.

I'm reluctant to do any more until I understand a bit better, I'mm assuming that the unit unplugs & I can get another from a scrappy, wanyone know if it is as simple as that?

Many thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Green Saab, JohnCC is right...it is a thermistor, or temperature sensitive resistor. The little fan behind it draws air out of the car past it, therefore allowing it to make adjustments, with other sensors to the ACC.

I don't believe it is possible to repair, so a scrap yard may be your best option, unless you have plenty of money to spare at a main dealer.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys,

Explains why my system thinks its freezing in my car all the time.

I'm not sure repair is viable as its actually the little lug of the circuit board that has broken off rather than the widget itself.

What advice would you give now - does the whole unit unplug & I could replace with another one. I'm a bit reluctant to experiment in case I break something else?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
The ACC sensor unit has to go "into" the dashboard to be removed. The easiest way is to remove the ACC control panel (carefully lever up from each side, and it pulls out) which gives you enough room to get a hand in and remove the connector from the ACC sensor. Remove the grille from the front of the sensor, again lever with a small screwdriver or two, and then you can push in the lugs whilst pulling the sensor from within the dash.

"Refitting is the reverse of removal".

The unit is about £50, if my memory is correct.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I did exactly the same thing to mine but have left it as the acc still manages to work ok ( even though it shows an error code when I try to calibrate it ).

If you are looking for a replacement try parts-asap in Bristol ( Tel. 0117 9406 151). If memory serves me right they quoted me about £30-00 for one.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just wanted to say thanks Guys.

Got the sensor from parts-ASAP for £35. Arrived the next day. Fitted it just as Mark B described & seems to work perfectly. If I can do it - anyone can

This board is great - keep it up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.