Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its a silly question but what does one look like? The reason I ask is that my P reg 9000 2.0lpt is sounding like a boy racer. So I look under the car to see if I can work out where the noise is coming from and the exhaust looks in very very good condition with no real signs of rust on it (apart from some tiny patches along what looks like a weld down the side of the pipe).

Noise itself seems to be coming from the back box and I can quite hapilly put my hand over the end of the tail pipe at tick over and it has no effect on the engine speed at all.

So I guess I need a new rear box, to go with the new windscreen and two new front tyres

Steve

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well thats what I was kind of figuring. The exhaust looks in pretty good shape apart from what ever has gone wrong round the back box. I have however seen "cheap" stainless steel start to rust and after 5 years under a car I am suprised at just how good the majority of the pipe seems to be in. OK I have only had the car for 1 year but before that it was a saab fleet car and I can't find any record of any exhuast work in the maintainance paperwork at all.

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.