Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all not 100% sure whats gone off with my car (2.0lpt no intercooler (Yet))over the last week it seems to have lost performance(what it has) and feels a little jerky especially under heavy load the main difference is below 3000rpm where it used to pull quite sufficient now it seems stressed and doesn't seem to pull the same! its had a new set of ngk plugs but is yet to have an oil change i was going to put an intercooler on but i want to get it running ok before i start messing . from previous experience with turbo charged cars it feels like the boost isn't coming in as strong??? please if anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated...

Thanks

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Hi Andy,

What you're describing sounds like the DI cartridge failing. Sometimes they will just fail totally and leave you stranded, other times htey start misfiring under boost, which sound like what is happening in your case. Diagnosis is to try a known good one on the car.

If it is that, the cheapest place I've seen recently for a new one is Elkparts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Have you checked the wastegate actuator rod is still connected to the wastegate? It's held on by either an 'R' clip or circlip depending on model and they tend to rust and fall out... leaving you no boost at all and returning your car to normally aspirated status.

Also, if your 2.0LPT has no intercooler then it has the APC solenoid: these go faulty giving intermittent boost or nil boost.

If not those then like Mark E wrote, probably the Direct Ignition cartridge.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the help i'll check em all out sorry for the delay but just to make matters worse the computer has been playing up and i've not been able to get on the net.. I'll keep you updated thanks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well A month down had a major service and still no joy all the mechanics were baffled!. So as anyone who has a dad as a mechanic would do!!!Got out the wd40 and sprayed all the terminals around the DI cartridge and then turned it upside down and sprayed down the ends where the plugs make contact, Rinsed it a couple of times put her back together and fired her up
My God it idled perfect and drives like its made 30bhp. Wow its better than my last car(what isn't) Anyway after months of thinking I'd bought a nail hey presto a cheap can of lubricant and its just amazing.Obviously its ecu upgrade time(the wife is making me ).
Thanks to one and all that gave some response it was very much appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.