Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it's spring time again, the tyre issue has surfaced recently and kind of, does not let go. I have come across a good price offer for these Toyo tyres, but there little knowledge locally as to how good (or bad) they are. I know they have good reputation in th US and that people buy them in Germany. What do you think. Specifically I need a tyre sized 195/65/15 for my '91 2.3-16v 9k. Any suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I'll be interested in any answers to this too as I have been looking at these today as a possible option for my 90. I currently have 185/65/15 Dunlop SP Sport 01s on and they're pretty good but was looking for something even gripper. There seems to be just about nothing else available in 185/65 and I'm looking at 195/60 (didn't want to go too wide otherwise I won't be able to park it since no power steering). Eagle F1s used to come in that size but don't any more. However, the Proxes CF-1 do.

I also had a look round a 99 Turbo with Incas (like my 90) and it had 205/50/15s on it. Must be a nightmare to park with the turbo steering rack!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts