Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but now it floodind in side.. mould ob leather seats its sad it was mint when i brought itnowits sad,, i dont know whyit wet.. no leaks in hood

·
Registered
10 Posts
What year and model of Saab?
The OG 9-3 were notorious for trunk leaks.
I've seen people tape over the rear hatch, seal bumpers, etc...only to find they had not stopped the leak.
The cars...especially high time models, suffer with deteriorated foam gaskets around the tail lights.....that's where the water comes in.
If you have this model, have your mechanic remove the lights.
Use the old gaskets as templates to mark out and cut new rubber....(not foam) gaskets.
Install them 'wet' with clear RTV at the openings closest to the metal contact areas.
A very good indicator as to whether your Saab is leaking is condensation inside the windows during rainy days.
The water usually will run down the sills and wind up on the floorboards...giving the appearance that the leak is somewhere else.
Wet carpet front and rear, etc....

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2008 9-3 developed a leak that caused the floors/carpet to get wet. The dealer removed the driver's side rear door trim panel to fix the issue. Seems there is a plastic sheet inside the doors wo keep water out and this sheet had come unsealed. A bit of tape and the car was dry until the day I sold it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have a sun roof? Your sun roof drain pipes may have detached near the roof and the water is running down your A-pillar and soaking your interior. Could be passenger or drivers side or possibly both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts