Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all i got a 87" 5 speed, 9000t, mods as follows....MBC,Delete Cat,custom 3in from the "cat" back....dynomax 3" resonator and Magnaflow 3" muffler

Best pass of the day
60ft.....2.33
1/[email protected]
best mph was 97.9mph
anyone know if thats good? or bad? i think its pretty damn good considering its really hard to launch with no spin.
oh yeah people please keep the comments about the tranny to yourself seriosly last time i posted on 9000 forum i got Jumped on and stomped saying that saabs arent for drag racing.i know that thats why i a have a blown and stroked 94 z28 thats putting out way over 600rwhp...this is just my toy that i really enjoy playing around and driving to work....very comfortable car

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Not into drag racing at all, but that's no reason to tell other people not to do it. I must admit that if I'd had my Aero at the Full Speed 2003 show at the weekend, I'd have been tempted to try the sprint. I think it was a bit shorter than 1/4 mile, though, so not really good for Saabs. The longer the better to make up for their poor off-the-line performance, really.

Anyway, I seem to remember reading that the 1/4 mile time for the 9000 Aero was around 14.7 sec, so yours sounds pretty good for a 2.0T.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I have been on the strip as well
Best 1/4 was 14.88
top speed was 100.2
and this was in a quite modified aero (265 hp and 317 ftlbs of torque...
admittededly I was being carefull not to break it but I would say your times are dam good for a 2 l!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys....i was pretty surprized when i ran that i know that car would of traped high mph, but didnt know it would do a 14.60, i have ran few of my friends from a 20mph roll, with quick cars that did respectable mph at the track and i beat a few of them....02" 1.8t gti [email protected],03"wrx [email protected] know its not a car to run from a roll cuz its an awd but he has full exhaust, 02' Maxima 6speed, cat back, intake....this car started to roll up on me at about 115mph...too late :0

Bill J i'm not familiar with Aeros really i know they are 2.3 Garett turbo and 225 hp...is that right? still sounds kinda quick for a heavy car, but i know the 2.3s are pretty sic

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
aero's are unique in that they run a mitsibushi to4 turbo ..flows a bit more air /hp
altho it is good for about 315 before the injectors lean out ...
I will be taking it on the strip sometime this summer and I hope to murder these times
(after fitting bigger injectors/hybrid turbo/hotter cams and a maptun ecu upgrade) looking to get into the 13's...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats nice yelee...but thres gotta be more people out here from us that had ran their 2.0t at the track or have seen them run. Anyways you guys run 400 meters over there right?

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
nahh there is still things imperial
like mpg and 1/4 miles !!
btw which part of maryland ?
been over there loads of times
know a place called (ironocally )elkton ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts