Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Very nice, Simon

If you want the "traditional" no bolt showing Aero wheel look, then I understand that if you get yourself a set of plastic centre hubs that are on a number of wheels including the "traditional" Aeros, and remove the Saab logo centre cap, then they will clip in place

Of course, if you like the bolts showing, that's equally fine

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mark, that's interesting - I've got the Super Aero alloys as well, but wouldn't mind trying the more "trad" look.

Where would I get the plastic covers? Never seen anything like them on Elkparts et al.

Thanks a lot if you can help!

PS. Very nice car scminks. I paid £3700 for my 225bhp Anniversary in March. Very happy with it but wish I'd gotten a proper Aero now, those seats look the business! I think it looks like you've done well.

·
Registered
778 Posts
What a coincidence! My new 9000 is midnight blue, too. Nice car Simon
I wish mine were an Aero, but I'm still happy that I was able to find a low-mileage 9000 to replace my white Aero. This one has 57k miles - it's a '98, one of only 1400 or so that was imported into the 'states. It set me back £4400, but it's very clean and has been very well maintained. I've already put poly bushings on the front control arms and plan on picking-up a few more
items when I travel to the UK, and Sweden in August.

Surfgreen, the center caps Mark referred to are the stock center caps that came on '93-'97 Aeros. They may have been used on other saab wheels too, but I'm not certain about that. And, I wish they made the Anniversary available with the B234R here. That would have been my preference: with LHD and amethyst violet, of course - no point in being stingy, here's a
for you too.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when i first looked round it,i noticed an exhaust leak comming from the front of the engine and it didnt go as well as i expected.seeing as it had been chipped.exhaust was good so i suspected a gasket.not much better than my carly .got it home and found that one of the manifold to turbo bolts was only finger tight!!.done it up and it was a bit better,but i could still hear a leak .looked again and saw that where the nut had been loose,it had lost a chunk of the gasket.i fitted a new one and crossed my fingers and fired her up...cool no leak!.took her out for a blast and BLOODY HELL did it go.went home and took out the carly,it was like chalk and cheese.
i never thought the ecu upgrade would make so much difference.as i never really go nuts the brakes have always been fine for me,but not with this monster(i know most of you have modded 9ks so you know what i mean)
i fitted a jr filter,so thats it for power bits,but i was thinking of brembo pads alround(good pads?)and strut brace and either sas arb or abbott "piggy back" arb(rear only).as for the wheel caps,they are deep dish ones and i like the way they look,but thanks anyway chaps
simon
ps,as for the colour i was told it is "lemans".in some light it has a purplish tinge to it

·
Registered
778 Posts
The 'official' '97 Saab brochure lists only 7 colors, two of which are red (Cayenne & Imola). The only blue is Midnight Blue. Maybe it's different in the UK, but that's how it is here in the 'states

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
For the UK 9000's
in 1996 we had 4 solid and 6 metallics:
Black, Cirrus White, Imola Red and Embassy Blue
Citrin Beige, silver, ruby red, Scarabe green, Lemans blue and sky blue

in 1997 we had 4 solid and 8 metallics:
Citrin Beige, silver, cayenne red, Scarabe green, midnight blue, sky blue, willow green and amethyst violet

in 1998 we had 4 solid, 2 metallic and 2 mica:
cayenne red mica and midnight blue mica
Silver metallic and Scarabe green metallic

Andrew

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Originally posted by scminks:
[qb]as for the colour i was told it is "lemans".in some light it has a purplish tinge to it    [/qb][/b]
Simon, yes it's definately LeMans Blue.

Looks like the grey interior as well.....?

Is it a MY94 or MY95 on that M plate...?

There were 19 RHD manual Aero made for MY94 in LeMans with H35 grey interior.
There were 22 RHD manual Aero made for MY95 in LeMans with H35 grey interior.

I'll go and remove my anorak now....

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Originally posted by robert lavergne:
[qb]The 'official' '97 Saab brochure lists only 7 colors, two of which are red (Cayenne & Imola).  The only blue is Midnight Blue.  Maybe it's different in the UK, but that's how it is here in the 'states    :rolleyes:  [/qb][/b]
Robert, scminks car isn't a 97 it's an earlier car that's just got the later wheels fitted.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Geez, I feel really deprived now. How come you guys get all the nice colors And, not very observant of me to not notice the M plate. Are all P plates '97's? I'd like to find a P reg' 2 liter to buy so that I can travel about next month - I'll need something to commute between London & Brighton.
I'm also planning to tour the continent and even stop-in and visit Fredrik at MapTun for some
bits. One last question: was the '97 Aero availabe in cirrus white?

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Originally posted by robert lavergne:
[qb]One last question: was the '97 Aero availabe in cirrus white? [/qb][/b]
Not in RHD it wasn't. Cirrus White was only availble in RHD for the first MY93.5/94 production. And it's very rare, only 12 being made.

Brighton.....you'd better look up JezF and /john then
Perhaps we should have another Arundel Saabscene meet when youre over here...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Helo,
no one yet can answer me for this question:

-how many anniversarys were produced from late 96 to early 98 ?
i have amethist violett(IMHO best color ever made ) - how many amethist were produced ?

tnx for answer

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.