Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after months of procrastination I have finally got around to fitting some new bulbs to the co-driver clock thingy. I found some bulbs that sort of fitted and bodged them in. They're not quite as bright as the old ones (about 80 ma) but it does look pretty now its all lit up.
My problem is that I dont have an owners manual so i have no idea what all those functions do.
At the moment it is showing everything in kilometers and celcius/centigrade (ugh, metric) how do i change this back into imperial?
Also, how do I set the time?
Is there an online guide to this, or can someone explain it in simple terms?

Thanks, Billy.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hi Billy

Is it the EDU trip computer (2 button R and Info) or the 5 button SCC one.
I'll assume it's the SCC one as the clock should be easy to set on the EDU.

To set the clock press the >+ button until the yellow arrow points to clock on the display, press and hold SET button until it starts to flash then use + or - button to set time. If you hold them it scrolls quickly.When it is correct time press SET button.

To change units, press and hold the - + and set buttons all together for 4 seconds or more to give

km, km/h, 24 hour clock

miles, mph, 12 hr clock.

To change the units displayed on the dash which I think you were meaning, press the INFO and R button together for 4 seconds or more .Each time you do this it gives

litres/100km, km, deg c
MPG(us galons), miles, deg f
MPG imperial , miles, deg f
MPG imperial, miles, deg c

HTH
Ant

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ant,
It would appear that I have the SCC computer. This is the one in the clock hole by the center air vents. I have seen some cars with analogue clocks fitted in this slot. I suppose the more complex trip computer was an optional extra?

I managed to set the clock quite by accident, but didnt see the yellow arrow you referred to.

I suppose i'll have to try and track down a manual to figure out what all those little green arrows, tiny speedo things and little wavy lines mean?

I have been able to change the units in the EDU fine, although mine has never displayed any temperature.

BTW what does SCC mean?

Cheers, Billy.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
They redesigned them a little, the main way to tell is from the buttons. The one that would have come in the 90 model should have 5 buttons. 3 on the top, 1 with "E" and a symbol for heater, 1 with + and symbol for clock the other has "R" and "-" and says Trip. The other 2 buttons are the normal R and Info. The later one has the same buttons, but different labeling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.