Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi There,

On my girlfriend saab 9-3 areo 2005 convertible both the water temp and fuel gauge have started pointing straight upwards.

Has anyone have this happen to them before ?

I have read that disconnecting the negative battery terminal for 15 minuets will reset the ECU is this worth a go ?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

please see photo of gauge.

guage.jpg

·
Administrator
5,087 Posts
Re: water temp and fuel gauge

Yes,remove for 5 mins..don't leave fob in ism when you do,leave car unlocked also..Once batt reconnected,resync all fobs by placing them in the ism for 5-10secs..If it happens again,again,etc etc another cluster will be required..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow it worked and fixed the issue I had with the drivers window which was next on the list. Thanks for the great help. Andy

·
Administrator
5,087 Posts

And fixed the issue I had with the drivers window which was next on the list. Thanks for the great help. Andy
Bouncing back down when it reached the top,you'll need to recalibrate each window again if you have one touch up and down.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

Would it be easier to remove the fuse rather than disconnect to battery ?
Personally I would just disconnect the battery -ve as I find the minifuses a fiddle at the best of times.
Also just resetting the ECU might not reset the cluster...guess you could try both maybe?

·
Administrator
5,087 Posts

you already done a battery disconnect,so why would you want to remove the ecu fuse has no effect on the cluster..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes it is but have only reset it once so far.

The duped beam on the car are rubbish I have adjusted the height manually but they are just not very bright. So was looking at some d2s bulbs but didn't really know were to start with it. Halfords are 65 pound a bulb which seems very steep to me. Have you had to replace Amy of these and what did you go for ? Thanks.

·
Administrator
5,087 Posts

HID system is more than just the lamps you've also H/Lamp housings,ignitors and ballasts..No to mention h/lamp washers and auto levelling..

Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery all the time will eventually damage the sensitive electronics/computers within the car(surge/spike)...Which there are many..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Administrator
5,087 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just have regular lights in mine, not the HID, but my low beams were terrible.. After spending a lot of money on new bulbs, I finally discovered the reflectors inside my low beams were bubbly and dull. Ended up buying new headlamp assemblies to fix it. Now they're great, especially with the LED conversion kit I had purchased!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts