Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone quickly run me through a water pump change on a '93 2.3T 9K Auto. Never done one before on the 9k so just need reassuring. Also what size does the made up yourself tool for compressing the tensioner have to be.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
If the 93 is like the 97 then the water pump change is a piece of cake - well it would be if it you dont have air-con! With air-con you need to get the compressor and bracket for the compressor out of the way which is a pain. To keep tensioner compressed you need to bolts M8 ish 115mm between centres. I find it easier to use a tyre lever (carefully) between the tensioner pully and the bottom of the tensioner - simmple lever pulley towards windscreen, hold lever, reach under and slip home made clamp on.

Oh there is the metal pipe from the back of the water pump which is held by a 10mm nut on the timing cover and by two (?) nuts on the thermostat cover - simply pull pipe from back of water pump.

Have fun.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
There is also the banjo bolt on the water pipe from the pump to the turbo which I just could not get into with any spanner or socket. I could get the tool on there was just no room to move it, either from above or below
I could get a 1/4" drive 12mm socket on but couldn't get enough purchase. Both times I had to drop the down pipe to get access to it. As Adrian says, have fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts