Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I have a 2003 Saab 9-3 Vector. I have been having what I am going to refer to as "turbo lag" issues. When I push the throttle to the floor in 3-6 gears I get an engine shudder and loss of power. There are no engine lights on, but I was told by a friend that it might be the wastegate solenoids, which there are 2. The part number for the solenoid is 12787706. I bought 1 and replaced the solenoid that was on top of the wastegate, with no change in the engines behavior. Next I tried switching the solenoids around, from the one next to the ECM to the one on the wastegate. Still no difference in the engines behavior, other than the fact that now the engine light is on and I get code P0245, which is "wastegate solenoid A low". So I put the original solenoid back on the wastegate and the light goes out.....I don't know what is going on at this point. I ordered another solenoid so that both of them will be new once I replace the other old one. I found an article about a similar issue someone else was having and after he replace the water pump, checked the wastegate, checked all the vacuum lines and replaced the turbo, it ended up being an exhaust pipe. At this point all I have done is change the solenoid, what do you recommend me doing/trying at this point?

UPDATE: I replaced both solenoids, tested the wastegate,and unhooked the exhaust below the converter, and still have the loss in power when accelerating in 3-6th gears. I strongly feel this is turbo related. Urgently need help with this, I don't want to play any more "trial and error" games with this car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having this issue on the exact same car I believe p 0244 if my memory serves as well as an occasional voltage low at the 02 sensors. But the solenoid code directly corresponds with limp mode

1 - 2 of 2 Posts