Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a little advice guys and girls about washing the verts roof. Can anyone suggest a household product to deep clean the roof with the use of a plastic nail type brush? I want to clean it before I seal it.

Is it worth using Fabsil to protect it afterwards? I saw a thread where someone recommended it. Can anyone else recommend it? There are a lot of products out there to seal the roof so I'm looking for some good quality advice before I do it later today! Pictures would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Andy

·
Registered
284 Posts
Use Milton (used for babies milk bottles) for any areas which have mildew on them. For the main wash, use diluted Johnsons baby bath (the blue bottle, not yellow), then seal with something like Fabsil.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Highly recommend Fabsil as its chemically the same as all the fancy stuff.......about 500ml is enough for one application using a 50mm paint brush and is good for a year.
I bought a 2.5L tin a couple of years back for about £15 so this should last the 5 years with luck and I dont spill it!

Good tip re the Milton as the mildew can cause some discoloration and have been wondering how best to tackle that one......

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update..... I've pressure washed, scrubbed, pressure washed and sealed with the fabsil and she looks almost like new. One happy chappy! :smiley::smiley:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts