Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I know it's very trivial, but I rather liked that indicator telling me when my washer fluid was getting low, and it appears to have stopped working... any clues on where to start looking?

I had a quick peek under the bonnet to see if it was anything obvious, but the reservoir is tucked so well into the corner of the engine bay that it's a bit tricky to tell if anything is really amiss...

Any hints most appreciated!

Cheers! Jules

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Maybe the bulb has blown?
I can't remember if that one comes on when you turn on the ignition or not, probably not. Funny how you see these things light up every time you start the car and just ignore them.
Easiest test might be to track down the wires which lead to the sender and short them together. If the bulb lights it's OK and the sender is faulty, if it doesn't light it's the bulb. Unless of course the fuse which supplies that circuit has blown.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you check out the washer bottle you should see the level sensor with two wires on it, an easy way to check the bulb would be to disconnect the connector and put a split pin or paper clip between the two wires and turn on the ignition.the light should now be on, if not there is a problem with either the fuse,bulb or wiring,if it does work then the switch in the washer bottle is at fault.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
836 Posts
If you need to get to the washer reservoir or pumps, take off the drivers side front wheel and remove the front part of the wheelarch liner. (thank god Saab use stainless fasteners on the wheelarch trim )
Once the arch liner comes out, all the working bits are revealed.
I had to do this after my non-return valves had their rubber diaphragms wrecked by some dubious screenwash. The result was when you tried to use the washers, screenwash came out of the wheelarch and spoiler, but none got to the windscreen.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tips everyone - I'll give it a looksee with the wheel removed. It's not the bulb at fault, as when you turn the engine on, all the lights in that part of the binacle (including the washer light) flash on very briefly. I'll check the sender...

cheers! Jules

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.