Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me find the opening to the washer fluid bottle on my 9000s. I have located a cap that says washer fluid along with a little cup underneath of it, but there is no obvious sign of any bigger bottle. I have tried refilling where with fluid right where this opening is, but that resulted in all of the washer fluid pouring through to the ground. I thought that I must be empty because when I pull my wiper switch to wet the windshield, I get only air--no fluid what so ever. Can anyone assist?

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Neophyte,

If its a 92 on, and the little cup is just to the left of the serpentine belt, then the bottle is in the wing of the car out of site.

The little cup should route out of the engine bay and into the wing.

I know, I'll take a piccie...

back in a few minutes.

Andrew.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
here...

If this is where you are filling and it's leaking, then either the top cup section isn't fitted correctly, the bottle is split, or it's leaking from the pump / pipes / 1 way valves.

Andrew

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Andrew, bless your heart for that extra effort--I found the bottle! I put alittle water inside the opening to see what would happen and in about a minute, most of the water was on the ground. I can't really tell exactly where it's coming from. But, the bottle does seem at fault (I think ). Well, I'm not sure if a neophyte can easily get to it. You think? Thanks for your help with the picture though. That was so neat

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
The bottle can be got at by removing the front hald of the wheel liner (about 10 small screws, some of which will break). Also, the lower tray under that side can be removed for better access.

Most common problem is the check valve leaks dumping all the water on your toes.

Occasionally the bottle do split, i've never had that but others have.

Check valves are only about £2.50. I think it is a 3 way (T) one in there.

Any novice should be able to do it.

Andrew

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Just to perhaps clarify a bit further what Andrew said- you don't have to remove the wheel arch liner to at least check what's going on.

Instead, you can remove the front quarter under tray just behind the fog lamp recess which will give you adequate access to the valves etc.

HTH

Mark (who's had failed valves and a split washer bottle
)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.