Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've found out that my washer bottle is leaking on my 92 cse.it will need either repairing or replacing.is this an easy thing to do or not,because it looks awkward to get to.thanks
Peter.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Originally posted by peter9000:
[qb]is this an easy thing to do or not,because it looks awkward to get to.thanks
Peter.[/qb][/b]
I think you will find you have to remove the off-side front wheel and the wheel-arch lining to get at the problem . IMHO you will no doubt find it is a failed non-return valve in the pipe line . It is a plastic tee piece with a venting hole . You will need to get a new one before you start the work.Hope this helps.Had to fix mine; same year and model a few years ago.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hopefully it will only be the valave, but I had to replace my bottle recently on the CSE. Having taken the wheel off, the wheel arch, it is still very difficult to get at. There are two metal rods that are moulded to the bottle, with I seem to think, 10mm nuts that you have to get at from the engine side. I got a replacement from 2-stroke, but be very careful putting it back on, not to overtighten the nuts again, or it puts pressure on the plastic weld.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I had to replace the valves on both my 9000's within about 9 months of each other as rob123 suggests. Just to be sure I also brought a length of tubing to replace some of the runs as the origional factory tube seemed a bit "loose"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.