Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a few words of warning if the red engine symbol on the pictograph does not go out after engine is running......stop immediately.i have posted on this a long time back,but it happened again tonight.here is the story..i bought present car with what i hoped was blown head gasket/it was . skimmed head,new gasket,reset timing etc. everything ok. but car had lay for a long time with sump full of oil/water.at first oil change i decided to flush before oil change/bad move...this must have disturbed clumps on sump,which in turn got to oil pump resulting in pressure relief valve engaging,lighting red symbol on pictogram.now luckily good advice was on hand and i stopped car and fixed it but i had eventually replace prv.it was scored on external walls/but tonight when i removed valve,there was not a mark on it,so this goes back to original contamination,and maybe i should not have flushed at all.now for next few days i will be paranoid about dash info. anyway,if this happens to you dont drive car..... min. f....... head/max f..... engine.by the way the part in question costs 6 quid.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.