Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK time for some really simple & stupid questions - sorry in advance.

Bulb has blown on my headlight switch - ie no illumination when I switch the lights on, also hazzard switch very tempremental needs investigation.

Question - do I have to take the walnut dash off & if so is there a knack that will avoid my rather unskillful hands from breaking it?

Car '95 2.0 lpt

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Both items simply pull out of the dash. A little careful levering with a suitable implement or two should do the trick. Just be careful about applying too much load to the surrounding walnut (is it really walnut?) Also, don't let the connectors fall back through the holes, the wires on the headlight one are particularly short.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Re the headlight switch internal illumination.

I replaced the little 1.2 w lamp yesterday. As you say the switch just pulls out - I didn't need to use any tools, just grip the blade of the switch, wiggle and pull.

The bulb sits in a carrier in the centre but take care! The replacement I got from Halfords had a really cheap and nasty connector - just a single strand of fine wire each side.
I'm sure I've seen lamps of this type (capless) with a better system where the wire actually doubles back on itself.
The point being that it can take a lot of "in and out" to get the thing to actually work. I had to carefully experiment with bending the wires out and to the side to get a reliable contact. it's done now and working OK but a bit dim.
I'm sure the CDi I traded in for my Anniversary CSE LPT had better illumination - then again the sunroof wasn't noisy either - rose-tinted hindsight again - sigh!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts