Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my set of wheels a 1.9 ttid aero, I've had her about 2 years now and love it more than when I bought her! I changed the wheels because I always fancied a set of black alloys. I also bought a tuning box from TDI-tuning and now she is running around 235bhp. currently waiting the arrival of a dash cam and was wondering what the best option would be to connect the power cable. I was thinking of connecting it t the back of the cig lighter out of sight and run the cable around the window under the trim and behind the glove box. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers FunkyXTurd. I always get nice comments about her and the garage I bought her from would like her back! You have a nice set of wheels yourself

·
Registered
224 Posts
Cheers FunkyXTurd. I always get nice comments about her and the garage I bought her from would like her back! You have a nice set of wheels yourself
I can see why they would mate. TTiD's are fairly rare let alone one in a convertible! And a yellow convertible at that :crazy:

How long she been running 230+ bhp???

Pahahah cheers buddy. Its my first saab and every trip I take in her the more I love it. Always turns a fair few heads which I very much doubt you get with a cookie cutter beemer, audi or merc :thumbsup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She has been running 230+ for around 2 months now, for a box I just plugged in and moved a pin across for max power I couldn't believe the difference! she pulls at lower revs and just wants to cruise at higher speed. The fuel usage hasn't really changed either. Just looking forward to the weather improving so I can drop the lid and enjoy her in her full glory, fingers crossed sun for the drive home from work tomorrow!

This Saab is my second, I had a 150bhp tid vector sport previously which I enjoyed very much but I do prefer this one for obvious reasons!

·
Super Moderator
3,056 Posts
I just love the colour and that colour coded trailer , you do take real pride in your saab . As for the dash cam , yep I invested in one of those about a year ago for my work van it's been a real God send as roar as idiots on the road , as you are saying take live feed from cig lighter and route in the least conspicuous way you can . Just remember the airbags just above the glovebox so just to be on the safe side disconnect both battery terminals .

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just love the colour and that colour coded trailer , you do take real pride in your saab . As for the dash cam , yep I invested in one of those about a year ago for my work van it's been a real God send as roar as idiots on the road , as you are saying take live feed from cig lighter and route in the least conspicuous way you can . Just remember the airbags just above the glovebox so just to be on the safe side disconnect both battery terminals .
lizzard-t Thanks for advice on the air bag and disconnecting the battery before I start. I was just going to pull the fuse for the lighter but best to be safe than sorry.

I do take pride in my car, I just wish I had more time to do more!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I was thinking of connecting it t the back of the cig lighter out of sight and run the cable around the window under the trim and behind the glove box. What do you guys think?
Maybe easier to run a fuse tap from the dash side fusebox.......you can be more specific on the switching circuit you pick and wont have as far to run with any cabling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts