Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a thread on batteries and thought was curious about a problem I currently have with my 1994 9000CSE. The blinker on the drivers side(passenger side for you brits) is going very fast. I checked and all bulb are ok. I also noticed that the voltage reading is always at 13.9 or higher(14.2 on average), also when the engine fans (either one) kicks on the car hesitates(rpm's drop and then jump back up. The battery had corrosion that I cleaned off and it was dry. I filled it up but no change. Has anyone had the same problem. Sorry for the long letter but info is always key to problem solving. I have only had the car for 4 days.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just thought I'd update. I found the problem to be the battery. The funny thing is that it checked out ok. It had good voltage and load tested fine I also checked each cell. On a whim I swapped it out and the problem went away. I know, you think I had a bad connection but i tried putting the old batt. in my other saab and it did the same thing.
weird. Just thought I'd let people know in case they have the same problem.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
My engine revs stumble when I switch to main beam when accelerating.. Saab told me that its a characteristic in the 1990 9000 ecu - maybe something similar exists in the 1994 model too.

As for the blinkers - the speed of the flahs is affected by the resistance of the circuit: is there a difference in the resistance of the left and right blinker circuits?

Steve

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Are you sure you checked ALL of the bulbs?
One in the front indicator lamp, one in the side repeater and TWO in the rear indicator lamp, same on the other side. I had fast flashers on the O/S when one of the rear bulbs failed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts