Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a set of 308mm Viggenbrakes waiting to be fitted on my NG900. Front only, at the rear 'ordinary' 9-3 brakes have been fitted.

It's not just the big discs that set the Viggen apart from the other 9-3/900 models. Lots of parts such as brake servo, master cylinder and a lot of small parts are specifically for the Viggen.

First I'll try the big brakes in conjunction with the stock 900 brakesystem. If it turns out the 'feel' of the brakes is not okay, some other parts may have to be swapped.

So my question is: is it possible to fit a Viggen master cylinder and leave the rest stock? Will it fit?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank you for placing a topic Maarten!

I think it will fit, but I am not quite sure about it. There must be a Swedish guy who has done it I think.

Let's wait for an answer Maarten.......

have a nice weekend to you all!

regards,

Sander

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Hi Maarten

I'm sorry I can't answer you quesiton about the Viggen master cylinder, but what I can say is that I don't see that it will be absolutely necessary to change anything other than the discs/calipers- after all I and others happily run 4 pot APs on the front with no changes to the rest of the system. ABS works fine too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts