Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting the car shortly

confused about which ECU upgrade.

who's got which - and are you happy with it ?

(not changing owt else yet - just want to get used to 276 bhp first.)

thanks David

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
The Speedparts one looks a bargain at under £500

Here!

I have a MapTun Stage 2 upgrade which is very very smooth in its power delivery, but they are a little more expensive

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have tried both SP and Maptun for my viggen and my choice is the second if one where to choose among these two. Use serch to look up my story with SP ECU.

Anyhow many people have stated that SP does not deliver power smooth, its more kick in the ass type if you know what I mean. I myself discovered the same. SP feels more powerful, but when you drive agaist the klock Maptun will win.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Recently, I decided to go for the Hirsch stage 3 on my Viggen, consisting of a bigger intake pipe with heatshield, an aluminium intercooler and modified exhaust. It should give me 280 BHP and 400 Nm's of torque. Probably it will be installed in next weekend or the one therafter, I'll post my experience with it as soon as possible.

·
Registered
288 Posts
IC upgrade is also a very recomended procedure among with the ECU. This is becaus the viggen std IC cant really handle much more and it pusches out hot air even with stock out put.
Here is a plot from a stage III 9-3 the situation is about the or vorse with viggen stage I.
Ambient 17deg C

1 - 5 of 5 Posts