Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,448 Posts
The Saabscene server is sloooow. 15.5KB/sec isn't fast enough! lol *tries to wait patiently observing that a good 70% of his bandwidth is going unused* Curses! lol Can't wait for the result!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry folks,
the server aint slow, it's behind a 10Mb cable.
You need to be patiet there are "alot" a people downlading the video at the moment. I will try to speed it up a bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,086 Posts
I wasn't complaining, Vigge. I was just telling Adrian that it wasn't the Saabscene server. I will wait till a better time to download the vid. I am indeed looking forward to seeing it though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
680 Posts
Enjoyable vid. I like the change of camera angles, particular as you turn into the bends.

Your Viggen sounds really beefy Vigge

Nice to see all those Saabs out on track too.

Aero.

PS What was ding-donging? Was your handbrake on?? I find my car goes much quicker with it off

PPS Nasty crack in the windscreen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
613 Posts
Cool video, Vigge! Next time try to have another friend get a few shots from outside the car as well, since Saabs look so pretty as they rip around a track! Thanks for sharing that with us
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Nice video Vigge.

I'm not sure what the ding sound is either, I was hoping I'd see a shot of the SID to try to work it out.

It's not something like the washer fluid level getting low as it moves about is it?

I can honestly say I've not had mine chime at me even under hard cornering .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Adrian W:
[qb]My car ding dongs when you go around a corner "too fast" unfortunately sometimes "too fast" is really damn slow.  :|  Haven't bothered to find a way to turn it off.    
 [/qb][/b]
Mine compalins about the brakes if cornered too hard. I not all that familiar with the brake system so I dont know what kind of sensorts there are. I could guess the beeping is do to fluid level or pressure drop in a tight corner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by pyronerd:
[qb]Cool video, Vigge!  Next time try to have another friend get a few shots from outside the car as well, since Saabs look so pretty as they rip around a track!   Thanks for sharing that with us      [/qb][/b]
I will make that kind of video as soon as I get the tapes from my friend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Originally posted by Vigge:
[qb]I will make that kind of video as soon as I get the tapes from my friend. [/qb][/b]
I confess, its me. But I don't have a propper software to make avi movies at to moment. This matter will be fixed soon. Just hold your horses it on the way...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,448 Posts
Vigge wasn't exactly "trying" too hard most of the way around that track. But that 99 was suspiciously close to the rear end a few times. Might have had a T16 in it? Seen it done before.

As for the "ding dong" ... it throws up a little caution thing and says "brake". I think it's just telling you the slow the heck down. Damn over-meddlingly intelligent vehicle computer-a-ma-bobbers. (don't you love the technical terms?) There hasta be a way to turn that off (insert evil grin here).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,343 Posts
You can have the speed warning chime disabled via Tech II. Get your local dealer or specialist to do it for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,261 Posts
Originally posted by /john:
[qb]You can have the speed warning chime disabled via Tech II.  Get your local dealer or specialist to do it for you. [/qb][/b]
The speed warning on mine is set through the SID. To disable, set it to zero.

Doubt that's what going on here though. If the chime is going off when cornering and SID is chucking up a 'brake' message I would expect it to be dodgy wiring to one of the wheel ABS sensors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Just like to stay that I've started downloading it on my dialup connection - I expect to be back in a couple of weeks to tell you all about it

Not long until my broadband hopefully...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Adrian W:
[qb]Vigge wasn't exactly "trying" too hard most of the way around that track.        But that 99 was suspiciously close to the rear end a few times.  Might have had a T16 in it?  Seen it done before.

As for the "ding dong" ... it throws up a little caution thing and says "brake".  I think it's just telling you the slow the heck down.  Damn over-meddlingly intelligent vehicle computer-a-ma-bobbers.        (don't you love the technical terms?)  There hasta be a way to turn that off (insert evil grin here). [/qb][/b]
Here are few things why I decided to take it easy
1. This was my first visit to Alastaro circuit
2. There was an Oil spill on the track and did not want to repeat what happened on the first lap.
3.Car warns about brakes Seemed to work ok, but you nerver no...
4.Stock viggen chassis sucks
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top