Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Viggen backbox on 9-3T

4K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  mark e 
#1 ·
Does anyone know what mods are required to install the Viggen backbox onto a non-Viggen 9-3? I think I heard somewhere that the hangers need some modification.

Thanks.

#6 ·
Hi Maarten

Just took a few photos this afternoon. I think I really should have got out there and polished the tail pipe before taking the photos

The tail pipe is etched with "Hirsch Performance" on the top but is very discreet in that it is covered by the rear bumber spoiler.

#9 ·
Originally posted by Scaero owner:
[qb]I'm surprised that there isn't a JT/elksports box in there.
[/qb][/b]
When I was told that there were holes in two sections of the exhaust, I told them not to bother. My thinking was to go for the Stage Two with the 3" cat-back. Then the parts manager did me a silly deal (silly for him) and I thought I might aswell just get that fitted right away - save me taking it back. And the best bit? I can still get a Stage Two ECU as my exhaust is now fat enough. (or is it phat in boy-racer motoring vernacular )

#11 ·
Hi all,

I'm new here. Spent way too much time on the 'other' board.

Anyway, does anyone have experience with Borla Pro XS Performance Mufflers? They have them on ebay, cheap. I was thinking of getting the front muffler cut out and adding one of these to the rear.

What are your thought?

thanks,

tony b

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.