Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what mods are required to install the Viggen backbox onto a non-Viggen 9-3? I think I heard somewhere that the hangers need some modification.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
I think Viggen backbox just fits right on... only minimal alteration was required to fit the TiD. basically lengthening the hangers to move the outlet further away from the bodywork.. (diesels heh?).

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
The dealer thinks that the Viggen back box is not a straight fit on a M99 9-3 (petrol).

...which is kinda how I ended up with a 70mm Hirsch performance stainless steel sports exhaust from the cat-back

·
Registered
563 Posts
The Hirsch Performance exhaust is one of the best finished exhausts I've ever seen
Do you have any pictures of it, /John?

Because of the pricetag on Hirsch products, I'll have to be content with a JT pipe when I'm upgrading to a bigger bore exhaust

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Hi Maarten

Just took a few photos this afternoon. I think I really should have got out there and polished the tail pipe before taking the photos

The tail pipe is etched with "Hirsch Performance" on the top but is very discreet in that it is covered by the rear bumber spoiler.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Originally posted by Scaero owner:
[qb]I'm surprised that there isn't a JT/elksports box in there.
[/qb][/b]
When I was told that there were holes in two sections of the exhaust, I told them not to bother. My thinking was to go for the Stage Two with the 3" cat-back. Then the parts manager did me a silly deal (silly for him) and I thought I might aswell just get that fitted right away - save me taking it back. And the best bit? I can still get a Stage Two ECU as my exhaust is now fat enough. (or is it phat in boy-racer motoring vernacular )

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new here. Spent way too much time on the 'other' board.

Anyway, does anyone have experience with Borla Pro XS Performance Mufflers? They have them on ebay, cheap. I was thinking of getting the front muffler cut out and adding one of these to the rear.

What are your thought?

thanks,

tony b

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Yup,

Welcome on board, Tony . Nice to have another member in our ever-increasing stateside community.

Mark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts