Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 9k CSE Annivesary Ed vibrates a bit when auto gearbox is engaged and car is at standstill. Is this normal? I mean the vibration could pass as normal but I've been in older Toyota's and Honda's that do not even shake.

Also my temp gauge seems to only move upto to the quarter mark is that normal too? The ambient temp gauge flactuates quite a bit too before it sets in. I know these are loaded questions but as a new SAAB owner I think they are justified.

Any advise would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
The temp needle on my 2.0eco Anniversary seems to have a close relationship with the bottom of the temp gauge and it seems to take forever to get towards the middle (and often after a 50 mile motorway run it still sulks below the middle). I've had the thermostat replaced so I guess its either a "feature" of the car or they had a duff set of temperature sensors

Steve

·
Registered
231 Posts
My 96 CDE Auto does not vibrate noticeably at standstill and when drive is engaged it just creeps like all autos. JezF's suggestion about engine/gearbox mounts could be a good place to start looking.

My engine temp gauge doesn't ever go above halfway even after a high speed run or when the outside temperature is high (by UK standards).

Not sure what you mean by the ambient temp gauge but if, as I assume, you mean the external temp reading taken somewhere by the front bumper, mine occasionally gives some readings which seem too high or low but it doesn't appear to change very rapidly.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
It might be worth a change of the auto box fluid to help things run a bit smoother.

Earlier models had a true reading water temp gauge that varied quite considerably reflecting real temps inside a block. Owners found this disconcerting so Saab changed it to one that simply gets up to "normal" and then will stay there over a wide range of engine temps.

The external temp sensor is affected by heat from the engine when the car is stationary or at crawling speed, and needs a flow of unaffected ambient air across it to register the correct temp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.