Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
601NM of torque ? Is that correct Mark?
That gearbox must me made of titanium!!

Is the car standard?

and on another note- have you sold the 9000cd yet?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Either the rolling road is a mile out (oh no, I hear you say, don't start that one again ) or it's been at the tuners. Probably the latter me thinks.

Be careful with first gear Mark, it's known to be fragile and was upgraded to cope with the RS2's standard power...

Very nice though, I'm just jealous.

Nick.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the figures are accurate.. it's a tuned car.. it's not mine...

For a tuned RS2.. its a Stage 1... Stage 2 is 420hp.. etc..

Gearboxes aren't that fragile.. they are tho as you say upgraded for use on the RS2..

What I find interesting is the shape of the line.. the power line stays pretty flat....

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Well that's a function of the torque falling away quite quickly after the enormous peak... and what a peak. I could believe it feels a bit lame (in comparison) when off boost, but thats all relative.
Whats the gearing like, is it long for the autobahns?
Nick.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Standard RS2's use 1.4bar, not sure about the compression.
These dyno figures would be at the crank, and would be spot on for this type.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
.. peak boost was achieved at 1.7 bar.. and was tuned for drivability (apparently) and not peak HP/torque.

The 2.2 is a 5cyl unit.. the upgrade thats running is using existing standard hardware but using a custom mapping on the Bosch motronic ECU.

It's a guy in Belgium's car.. it's not mine. I'm keeping mine standard... (i think!)

There are plenty people on the list running at stage 2 tunes.. and with some hardware modifications beyond...

MTM and AmD seem to be the tuners of choice.. although, this one is a self made mapping...

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and compression is standard :

9.3:1

Gear ratios are : 1=3.500. 2=1.889. 3=1.320. 4=1.036, 5=0.857, 6=0.711 R=3.455 and Final Drive = 4.111.

Rev limiter is at around 7300

Standard car is electronically speed limited to 262 KPH (163MPH)

Stage 1 and above tunes removes the speed limiter.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Stage 1 and above tunes removes the speed limiter.  [/b]
So what's the top end on the box? You'd have to be a brave man with access to a long straight and very flat piece of road to want to attempt speeds over 170MPH in an estate car.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Very true - last time I tried anything like this (on an airfield, m'lud ) I ran out of bottle, and road, at 140. I suspect the car was close to topping out, too, though.

Cheers

James

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Originally posted by James:
[qb]... at 140.  I suspect the car was close to topping out, too, though.
[/qb][/b]
Really? On the autobahn, mine was still pulling like a train at 140
...but that was getting hairy on standard suspension

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Over here on the autobahn, getting 170 mph wouldn't be that hard. Hell, I've shown 150+ in my 9-3 numerous times!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts