Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks. I'm new to this site from saab-900.com. By the way, it looks the same - why two sites?

For those of you who may be interested, I have just got a quote from Larkspeed.com for Koni Sports top adjustable dampers (same as Abbott?) and PI springs for £460 including VAT for my 9000 Aero! What do you guys reckon? I have been told that PI springs are very good. This is almost £300 cheaper than Abbott. Big website at http://www.larkspeed.com. Call Stewart in the Bradford shop on 01274 877787 if anyone is interested.

Jez

G

·
I'm new to this site from saab-900.com. By the way, it looks the same - why two sites?[/b]
Hi JezF, welcome to the board. I don't post all that much but do like to read and learn a lot from everyone out there.

Why two boards? Well, they are run by different people and AFAIK this board has been around a lot longer than the other saab-900 one.

This board accommodates all saabs whereas the saab-900 one did not used to until very recently. Anyway, it is the nature of the internet, and why not - it's all the better for us

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Sounds like a good buy. Welcome to the board by the way JezF.

As R_Renfield said - the 2 boards are entirely different and run by different people.

Saabcentral was initially saab-900.com and has only recently aimed at cars other than the classic 900, wheras Saabscene has catered for all Saabs from the outset.

Definately worth staying on both boards - I'm on both plus the Saabec email group at Yahoogroups, though I spend most of my time on Saabscene.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi Jez
I think it depends what you are looking for but europarts do a sprintline sports kit including all 4 shocks and 35mm lowered uprated springs for about 400 quid +vat which I must admit is tempting me.
Cheers Dazzel

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can get them £65 cheaper than that from another source, if you're interested. Thing is, which are best - I think Bill reckons the Konis (from Abbott, with matching springs), but the Sprintline pack has matched springs

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
I plump for the Konis - If you get a good set, the damping rates are spot on for saabs.. at least they are on my 900T and 9-3...

I've driven a 900T16S with Bilsteins and H&R springs, but they were far to stiff and didn't give as much feedback as say a Koni/Eibach combo..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.