Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1992 SAAB 9000 Cs Xs and my interior ventilation fan has packed up except for the high speed setting. I assume this to be the fan speed controller but I can't find it. I can't see any thing in the engine bay near the fan that fits the bill but there do appear to be a couple of possible candidates behind the instrument panell above the fuses. A haven't found anything else. Can you help to point me in the right direction please?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
The culprit is the resistor pack plugged into the side of the fan housing.
A replacement unit is availible from SAAB of course but...
If you're a bit of a DIYer you could replace the faulty component. It looks like a diode, but is actually a thermal fuse. SAAB have actually changed the rating of this over the years, but they still blow when a few years old.
The part is availible from Maplins (sometimes requires special order - only a couple of days usually) and only costs pennies.
Obviously DO NOT solder the fuse into place, use small terminal blocks or through crimps. Be carefull that it doesn't stick out to far as the fan is rotating close to the resisitor pack when in place.
The rating of the fuse is around 195 deg F.
Good luck....

·
Registered
139 Posts
My 1992 CS Carlsson same problem. Fuse is black tipped indicating 110 C. Details are in green writing on side of fuse, but you need a magnifying glass...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts