Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove my saab a short distance tonight, then once parked for a minute i started it back up to move it and there was a valve tick. I recently changed my oil and it has been drive about 40 miles since. I have notcied a bad odor through the ac and it is also present under the hood, but this is the first time i have heard a valve tick. Thanks

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
On the A/C, have you changed the cabin filter recently? If it hasn't been changed for some time, it will eventually start to grow new and interesting life forms. The downside is that there seems to be little evolutionary advantage to life forms that smell nice.

Which engine have you got? The 2.3 engines all seem to suffer (to one degree or another) from a ticking/knocking noise from the fuel pressure regulator that can sound like valve tick. It's usually only audible at idle, and only from inside the car. If you listen under the bonnet (hood), you won't hear it. It is also not related to engine speed (if you can hear it at any speed above idle).

It may be valve tick, but the above noise is also common. What mileage is on the car?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.