Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi !
I need advise soon on m issue with my saab, if anyone can help and comment. I love my car but it needs a valve job could cost around 5Gs. I'm not able to spend a lot of time looking for a new car and don't' really want a "new" car. I have 93,000. miles on it it's a 2009. Any advise is welcomed.

thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
$5k is way too high for a 4 cylinder. Is this a v6? I don’t know about those. Did you get another estimate? That sounds like a shop that doesn’t want to do that job. Most shops like making the easy money doing simple things like brakes and shocks. A valve job, on a 4 cylinder anyway, is probably half day or more to get the head out and off to machining, then another half day plus to get it back in. So that’s maybe $1-$1.5k in labor plus parts and machine shop service. I’m guessing you got an estimate from someone who doesn’t want that type of work, or that work on a Saab anyway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
$5k is way too high for a 4 cylinder. Is this a v6? I don’t know about those. Did you get another estimate? That sounds like a shop that doesn’t want to do that job. Most shops like making the easy money doing simple things like brakes and shocks. A valve job, on a 4 cylinder anyway, is probably half day or more to get the head out and off to machining, then another half day plus to get it back in. So that’s maybe $1-$1.5k in labor plus parts and machine shop service. I’m guessing you got an estimate from someone who doesn’t want that type of work, or that work on a Saab anyway.
Share your thoughts about the price and time at least 2k higher price

1 - 4 of 4 Posts