Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to take an extra Valve cover, sand all the Black Paint off and paintit BRIGHT red. Then have my mom detail the lines and SAAB 16 Valve. Well here are some current Photo's, it's almost ready to get painted.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Why didn't you got a post '89 valve cover, the slotted one?It's much more personal, because it's more unusual. Makes dumb people your engine isn't flat in the egine bay.
It's very Saabish item, if I had to change my valve cover, that is identical to yours, I would take a slotted one. It's something I miss everytime I open the hood (it's not the only thing I miss, actually...)

Cheers

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don't understand which ones you mean....anyone got pic? And i have this one cause it was at the junk yard all you could carry so i took it cause it was in good shape. And was all there.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Sorry, I meant slanted and not slotted.

The shape I mean valve cover is this:

It's not a 9k, but the it's the shape I mean.
It's on 9ks after '89.

And it looks much betterr IMHO.

If anybody has pics of this valve cover on a old 9000 without DI, please post it, I din't have the time to search it now.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I painted it today! Next step is the fine sandings as well as Sanding all the Red off the Raised Parts (the lines and the "SAAB 16 VALVE" I am gonna clear coat this too and leave it RED with the Aluminium Letters Rather the Black or White. White is the Plan B. It's looking Pretty Good so far.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Rub off the rough edges then respray, only this time put something underneath the cover so that it's edges are lifted clear of the paper/card you have it on. The pic below should illustrate what I mean...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.