Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Im going to be replacing all vacuum pipes on my 92 2.0lpt 9000cs and would just like to find out
what size and lenghts or any particular type I should be looking for?.

Cheers
Michael

·
Registered
234 Posts
Approx 3mm ID silicone by 3m long is plenty. best to get from Elk or similar as they seem to work for most (I got the Elk stuff and it has a good size wall thickness and expands out easily for connection to points greater than 3-4mm).

HTH

Pete

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Pete,

I had a look back thru the other posts and noone really mentioned lenght etc . Its something I need to do as I get the feeling the vacuum pipe to the dump valve is on its way out as my car seems to just die out all of a sudden every now and again.

Whether or not this is the problem doesnt matter but the pipes are in dodgy nick and need replacing regardless .

Cheers
Michael

·
Registered
243 Posts
hi,
the best thing to do is order approx 3- 4 metres from elkpats
when it arrives take each vac hose off seperately and measure it against the new pipe and cut them to the same lengh
thats how i did it ,
looks good to
HTH
mark

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Mark

Cheers for that! thats probably the way Im going to go about it too.

Where abouts in Luton are you? I go over pretty often to see the Hatters!. Must meet up for a pint in town sometime .

Cheers
Michael

·
Registered
253 Posts
Originally posted by dicreamio:
[qb]Hi Mark

Cheers for that! thats probably the way Im going to go about it too.

Where abouts in Luton are you? I go over pretty often to see the Hatters!. Must meet up for a pint in town sometime    .

Cheers
Michael [/qb][/b]
That's how I did mine too. It looks and work a treat.

I ordered 5 metres and had about 2 metres left. Which my brother has now decided he wants...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts