Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that in my '87 T there are two connectors on the Throttle body for vacuum. One had a hose that goes to the distributr car to retard timing when boosting, but the other has no hose on it. I think there was a hose there, but I can't remember where it used to go.

I noticed this after my car increased a bit the idle, aout 1200 instead of the ususal 800rpm.

BTW, I also noticed that it's much easier to suck trought those connectros than blowing air into. Is it normal?

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have no advice here, but I just like thinking about "vacuum liMes." I'm picturing small green citrus fruits sucking everything up...

(Needless to say, Stefano, this is not a poke at your English. I realize it was just a typo. I'm sure your English is much better than my Italian...)

mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
Your message was several days ago, so you've probably got it sorted out by now.

In case you haven't, here's my suggestion - there is usually a vacuum line from the throttle body to the EGR valve, via a temperature controlled valve screwed into the block underneath the inlet manifold.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I recently saw another '87, the plug was capped in that one.

I think I have to get it capped, but idle isn't high anymore and the car runs so sweet that I always forget to.

Thanks for the advices anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts