Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i've posted this question a few places and have never really gotton a straight answer, and i am running out of time. I hope you fellas can help me. I need to buy all new hoses for my 87 9000T and i need to know the size. The tube size, the tube wall thickness, all the specs. I've been told that what i have available may/shouold work (5/32) or than 1/4 would work, or buy 3 mm and also was told 4mm. Which is right? If they are all wrong, what then. THX a ton!
Jeff

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
* 3.5 mm for most fittings around the intake manifold. I've got 3 mm to work, though, but it assumes a bit more elbow grease to slide them on the fittings. They won't pop off quickly, then

* 6 mm for the three APC solenoid hoses.

Oh - I'm assuming you're getting silicone hose. For straight rubber hose, it might be wise to adhere to the factory ID (3.5 mm IIRC, o maybe even 4 mm) more strictly as you can't 'stretch' it
over the fittings so easily.

www.hosetechniques.com might be of help -order the 3.5 mm size (I have a short run of their hose that came with my Dawes Device pressure switch, and it works great).

Otherwise, just send your order to www.saabsavior.com and you get a complete kit with all the right lenghts and diametres (including APC sloenoid hoses and the fat vacuum line to brake booster) for $64.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Like I have said before, Saab vacuum hose is 3mm. 4mm will fit but it is obviously not as tight as 3mm.

Have you actually considered measuring the hose on your car?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just tried the 5/32 and it fits perfectly. I have about 60% of the hoses on now. I hafta buy some of the larger size tho for the APC solenoid lines(6mm i gottcha ). So far so good! THX!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts