Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
having massive problems with under boost on my carlsson, traced it back to the apc valve and the vac pipes connected to it, ( 2 off the 3 are split badly)
so have decided with some persuasion from another member andy ( saab90002.3t ) that the best way to go was an mbc valve,
best price for one is £21.15 inc vat from forge motorsport so have ordered one but don't know where to get the vac pipes from!
i can get the 3mm inside diameter pipe from elkparts and i am going to order this and change all the small vac pipes but they don't stock the larger pipe so any help would be appreciated

One last note i would really like to thank andy for going out of his way on a sat morning to meet up and have a look at my car and give me a second opinion, there are'nt many people like that these days but when you do come across one it really makes your day, thanks andy

hope you can help
mark

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Most sport car motor factors should stock the larger diameter pipe.

A full refresh of pipes should give that car a nice perspective on boost.

An MBC needs to be carefully thought about and fitted, it can be done in different ways to achieve different results (quick spool up with APC function maintained or high non APC controlled boost).

Andrew

·
Registered
836 Posts
I was pleasantly surprised by Halfords!

I was looking for a new wastegate actuator pipe and was passing Halfords, so I called in on the way to the dealers. I expected to find (if anything) plastic bubble-packed bits of pipe of the wrong size for a substantial price. I actually found they kept all sorts of coils of various sizes and materials round the back of the parts rack and would sell it by the metre.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Must be another company by the same name as my local Halfords then!

"Oh no sir, we don't stock anything like that - that would be dealer only."

Just goes to show how much these big chains vary from store to store I suppose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts