Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
agree with 9000t.we do not need this mince/in fact this forum is going downhill fast/look at 900 site,saab 900 site not this one they dont talk cupholders furry dice etc,,only how to fix probs and upgrade your motor/the way this forum used to be

·
Registered
776 Posts
I have looked at the last 20 - 30 threads, massive majority are purely technical and informative stuff.

Maybe I was guilty of starting the ball rolling on the cup-holder thread ? Someone originaly posted and Advert trying to sell one, which was not in line with the Forums rules, and it was quite rightly deleted.
I wanted to clarify if it is ok to tell someone where to get a specific part if they in fact want one, be it furry dice or transmission shaft. It was confirmed to be OK if in the spirit of the site by Kevin.

Blackcarlsson, who in my opinion has a very good sense of humour,waxing very lyrical sometimes, picked up on the fun element of it, and started his own thread.. I think that is called light relief from the other 90 percent of techno stuff.

I for one offer advise on anything that I can, although not being a mechanic, it is quite often light-hearted stuff in comparison to some.

All this frivolity is totally meaningless, but it help us feel more comfortable when talking to each other, knowing each others mannerisms and ways, so we can talk to each other as friends rather than just Robots.
(am I being naive ?)

Major contributors of technical help are entitled to change tack now and again, and have a bit of fun,and let of steam (in my humble opinion).

Finally (and this is true) My better half and I went out for a St.Patricks day meal today. A kid on next table, she must have been 8 or 9 came up with a great phrase, while talking to her brothers, it was; "Boys never start acting like adults", when they started fooling around.
From the mouths of babes......

Andy

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
What about those neon-blue small lamp thingys, that seem to be fitted as a pair on the top of the bonnet by some of the 'dropped-hatch' brigade....any one care to tell me what's these all about???
Should go well on an Amethyst Met. Anniversary me thinks.......perhaps not then!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Think someone ought to tell Zeppelin to take his anorak off. We don't need people with his attitude in this forum. Saab driving owning, talking adn rpbbelm sharing should be fun. Perhaps he should get out of his ivory tower in the morning and smell the coffee.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Nothing wrong with a bit of banter. However, if it is going to stray off the 9000 path too much - best to start the thread off on the "Miscellaneous" board.

To be honest, if I could, I would have moved the thread onto the "Misc" board - though this is not possible on this current UBB setup.

As Andy Bowles said, I can't see a problem with asking / suggesting places/web sites to source what you want. (As long as it relates to Saabs / 9000's). This one should have started on the Misc board, though we have only really started using it with a vengeance over the last few days, so contributors wouldn't necessarily have known that we were using it.

The odd thread like this isn't a problem, though I'd encourage you to use the Misc board for more banter - it has certainly been used a lot more in the last few days.

The forum is certainly not going down hill - I'd say the opposite. Though the board is evolving so we have to be patient as we work out what works best. :)

Would have said something earlier on this, though my hard disk went AWOL at the weekend.

Keep chilled everyone. :)

Kevin McLachlan (9000 Moderator)

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
OK.. seriously now.. (cough)..

Blackcarlsson, I have just the part for you, and can do a deal at £49.95 + vat. (Remember Saab parts don't come cheap mate - and this is a one off product).

The matching notepad and pen holder are brand new, and comes with the word 'Saab' (Dymo label I'm afraid) on both parts. If you or anyone else is interested, drop me a line..:
[email protected]

Hey guys.. you jest! But I read in that noble paper (Telegraph - Motoring section, within Ford front page article: See I 'am' being serious!) on the past weekend that Jensen recently stopped selling the following product lines to their customers:
- perforated leather boxer shorts!!!!!
- furry handcuff belt!!!

I presume that they still sell the non perforated leather boxer shorts though! )

·
Registered
600 Posts
Its always interesting when considering accessories what some people think are rubbish and what some swear buy.

I quite fancy blacking out the windows but my wife would refuse to get in the car.

It's also quite interesting how few decent accessories & related SAAB goodies are available at a decent price.

Considering the amount of free advertising you would have thought car manufacturers would have been eager to sell their ''name' cheap.

I was in USA a few years ago and went into a Harley Davidson dealer, there was more floor space given over to accessories (including HD coffee)then to the m/cycles

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
>>It's also quite interesting how few decent accessories & related SAAB goodies are available at a decent price.

Quite true.
Although I was impressed that the Saab 9-5 Radio Controlled car retailed for a nearly reasonable £25 to £30! My boy is only 1yr old though, so don't have a valid excuse to buy one yet!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.