Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to buy a Speedparts ECU w/ the refundable deposit.
My question is that how much would a standard (2nd hand or new)ECU cost incase of remapped ECU failure?

If it is too much, then they can keep the deposit and I have a spare ECU!!

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!

Scotty Mc

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Scotty I got one via ebay for about £25 but it needs to be Tech 2'd to the car to work, which of course the original one doesn't, I'm sure its a simple and relatively cheap process but still adds a cost to a second hand unit to make it work as a spare

One of my upgraded ECU's did have a fault but you dont send yours back until you are happy (I think theres a reasonable time limit) so you should know if you have a problem with your new ECU (which is unlikely)

If you are concerned why not buy the PPC option and tune up and detune at your command?

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Originally posted by Mark E:
[qb]I think Scotty has a 9000LPT, which won't need Tech 2 and probably also won't be suitable for PPC... [/qb][/b]
Ooops I'll get me coat and go back to the 9-5 forum

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Scotty
I wouldn't worry too much about this - did consider doing it myself but Speedparts/BSR have been around a while now and so far I have not heard of any failures and there are a number of us here on the forum that are using them.

Mike

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by LocoSaab:
[qb]Scotty
I wouldn't worry too much about this - did consider doing it myself but Speedparts/BSR have been around a while now and so far I have not heard of any failures and there are a number of us here on the forum that are using them.

Mike [/qb][/b]
It was just a precationary measure incase of failure so I could still drive her

1 - 9 of 9 Posts