Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Uprating Wastegates & Dumpvalves

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  mark e 
#1 ·
Hi kids,

I am wanting to upgrade a few things on my car after my Stage 1 upgrade on a 9000 2.0 lpt

I would like recommendations on the most suitable performance parts for my car.
I am looking to fit parts which look as close to standard as possible.
I do on the other, want an atmos dumpvalve :cheesy:

Which dumpvalve, wastegate would be best and what settings I should have them at please?

I also want to upgrade my fuel pressure regulator to that of 3.3bar and I have heard about a Norden (sp?) check valve which apparently holds boost better?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks
Scotty Mc

#2 ·
At your level of tune, there is no significant benefit to uprating the other components*.

You don't need a 3.3bar fuel reg- even at 300hp+, my car is on a stock reg. If you alter it, then it may compromise the ECU mapping.

Likewise there is no need to uprate the wastegate actuator; indeed you may cause problems if you do. The only "uprating" is to incresae the springing, but you can't do that too much without making the base boost too high.

*There may be some benefit upgrading the dump valve if your old one is a bit worn and tired. An atmos will work fine with your car.

#5 ·
Various Garrett dealers have quoted me about £80 (plus VAT, I think). I seem to remember the quote from the dealer was rather ridiculous. You would probably need the part number from the turbo. On my '96 2.0LPT it is punched on an aluminium plate with red logo, riveted to the turbo housing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.