Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I uprated my wastegate actuator from the 6PSI unit I found under the hood to an 8PSI version. But I am now considering trying a 10PSI version. However, not being in the picture on these things as clearly as many others, what are the potential problems that I could face? Should I perhaps also consider uprating the BPV/BOV? Someone advised that I go for the re-circulating type rather than the blow-off version. Any professional advise outhere to stop me from blowing my engine up
?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Having a lower setting would allow your engine to cut back boost more were you to find a tank of bad gas.

I think the ECU would need to be reprogrammed for the uprated actuator wouldn't it? Otherwise I don't know what other problems there could be.

Dubbya~

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I have done those upgrades today. Also fitted two solenoid valves (APC) and a 3-way bleed valve so that I can turn the boost down . Too much of it
) I'll snap some pics when the rain stops.
Funny thing is that the take-up is now much smoother . Seeing my turbo gauge hitting end-of-yellow in 2nd gear again has made my smile even bigger .

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After asking about and doing some reading on SSc etc., I decided to take the plunge and do some experimentations to see if the recent problems with my boost could be solved, and at the same time play about with some extra bits I frequently sighted under a few bonnets at various meets.

First stop was changing for a recirculating dumpvalve, since the old DV showed signs of a fault during a pressure test.
. The majority are based on trail and errors.

Next trick is go borrow a video camera and get a passenger to take some action vids .

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

and even power push with the (modified) T25[/b]
modified in what way...tell me more please. [/b][/quote]A bit of previous history on this one first:
When I first got this B235R engine, I did not pay attention to the turbo installed on it. I automatically assumed that it was a TD04 without looking . Anyhow, some months ago my turbo started leaking oil, so Two Stroke whipped the old turbo out, which turned out to have T25 written on it with some other silly numbers that made no sense
. So they fitted a standard (brand spanking new) T25 from their stock. That blew up in less than a week
. They then spoke to some company abroad(Turbonetics?), who asked for to see the old and new turbo. Result was that they then sent us a modified T25 (I have to confirm this by poking my head under the bonnet, since it might be a GT25), with uprated seals and 360 degrees thrust bearings.

The "standard" T25 is known for its fast spool-up, but it runs out of steam once past 5000RPM (Well, so I hear
) . However, I am running a modified fuel delivery curve that is "overworking" the turbo at higher RPM. Coupled with the larger wastegate actuator and fuel injectors, I am getting some mighty impressivet results out of this turbo

If you are a T25 fan, I recommend you speak to [email protected] as well. They can write you a customised T25 ECU map that works way above expectations and negative comments you read about on the www
. OK, so they perhaps used my initial crazy idea to get there, but I did get a massive discount off the ECU afterwards . Just make sure you uprate your T25 as well!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts