Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After yesterday (see Nurburgring topic) I have a juddering feeling in the car when I hit the breaks. It's not in the steering wheel. When I use the handbrake the car judders all the same. So the rear discs are ruined. (heck they where nice blue after a few laps). Does anyone outhere use upgraded discs on the back. And also do you guys have some recommandations on them.
I'm running cross drilled brembo's on the front. But they don't list them for the rears. I'm using DS2500 Ferodo pads.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
You could try getting some cross-drilled for the back. Otherwise, perhaps you can try going back to stock pads. This will weaken their ability to slow the car a bit but they will not produce as much heat then. It will just make your fronts work a bit harder, which they do most of the braking anyhow. Maybe some of the faster 9000 guys can give you some more insight into this.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Injectie,

Why are you bothered? the rear discs are only half the cost of the rear pads you're using...

My aero has been going through a set of discs with the pads on average iover that last 8 years.

Andrew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts