Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both the rubber upper torque arm bushes on my Aero are cracked, they have been for months, ive had no trouble and the engine hardly moves. As I am about to embark on some serious upgrades its probably wise to sort these i spose!
So, looks quite straight forward but is this something I can do easily, bearing in mind my mechanical expertise to date consists of changing various filters and plugs!
I am considering the poly bushes from Elkparts.......any advice?

Ta.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm not sure of the exact configuration of your engine as my car is 10 years older but on mine it was a bit more complicated than oil and plugs. Plus the old bushes have to be pressed out and the new ones pressed in which requires, obviously, a press. Of course, I could be completely wrong about yours.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just seen the Abbott bushes, at £80, quite a premium over Elkparts £51, but they come in two parts that press stud together for ease of fitting. If this makes it a job i could do its still probably cheaper than going to the garage, so anyone any experience of the merits of either of these bushes?

Ta.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I have both of these
ie the abbott on the front and the elk one on the rear
They do transmit a bit more nvh into the car but do tighten every thing up
I have also done the gearbox mount and all three together make a huge difference to gear selection
My sons car untouched (yet) the gear lever is v sloppy...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts