Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently upgraded my 9000 2.3t with a JR filter, Abbott chip and APC.

I am lead to believe the increase in power is apprx 40bhp and 55lb/ft.

I have now got used to this extra power and am looking for the next step.

Is it possible now that I have the APC to upgrade using the maptun stage 1 for the 9000 2.3T ? which would then give apprx 240bhp and 270lb/ft ? From what I understand the only difference between the lpt and fpt was the APC and higher boost

Cheers

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Used to it already? You have only had it a week or so! LOL

Worried about the longevity of the Auto gearbox after the upgrade, I spoke to Maptun regarding reflashing the ECU. They stated that they cut the torque output in the first two gears and during gearchanges. Thought it was expensive though for an additional 15 bhp. Will you feel it?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, already after a week I am looking for more !

But, have decided to stick with Abbott and gone for the downpipe upgrade, for starters.

Before then I am looking for some new front tyres, just unsure what make to get....

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Power does have that all corupting feel about it doesn't it?!

I'd make sure the rest of the car is up to scratch before going for more power. Brakes and suspension (and tyres) would be a good start. It doesn't have to be mega stuff, just be sure the car is at least as good as when it left Trollhatten.
Things like front wishbone poly bushes tighten up the precision of the steering and anti roll bushes are soft to a fault even when new as standard from Saab, so poly bushes help here as well. That's as far as I'd go personally with poly bushes as more poly gives more Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH).

On the tyre front I prefer Goodyear Eagle F1's (lose the least amount of grip in the wet), but Continental SportContacts and Toyos Proxes T1-S made up the top three in last years 'evo' tyre test.

Nick.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Just a quicky on tyres... the EVO tests tend to be on lighter cars than the 9000... I've heard good reports on F1s, but there also a lot of us using Bridgestone SO3s, which are a truely awesome tyre. Or, put another way, I rarely unstick them with 350lbft and over 300hp

Let us know the full spec as the "Other" Mark says, and we can give some suggestions as to where to go next...

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
I've got Continental ContiSport Contact thingies on my Aero and they are horrid, cheap-ish, but horrid, agree with MarkE, they are probably good on lighter cars, notice they are standard fit on Focus St170's amongst others

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I'd be tempted to look at getting the bushes poly'd and start hunting the ad's for a set of 16" rims and some performance brake pads.

This would then aloow you to use what you have now to better effect, just like another power upgrade and look better.

Andrew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts