Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I am pleased to be the happy owner of an 87 9000 turbo. I am also happy to be in the same Saab family as you all. Ready, Opinions please,
Which would be the best upgrade: Hiflow exhaust 3"
:APC mod :16" or 17" rims and performance tires or a Stereo system (you know cause the car's perfect already) Actually what are the best mods to do in order of best bang for buck. I need to expand my realm of possibilities. I have no desire to ever sell this car. When it is dead it will sit in my back yard and provide shelter for those late night chilly smokes. So don't hold back, What would you do. ps 150kmi. Also I would love to find more Saab forums, FAQS, performance tips, pics etc. I need Saab links! okay any reply's are appreciated. Pss. Get over to www.sounddomain.com and www.cardomain.com and put your Saabs on display for the world to see. I'll have mine up after my first mod whatever that will be.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great thanks for the input guys. Geez I am such a noobie, I have so much to learn. Wohoo fun!
The bleeder valve. Are there any walkthroughs or faq I can check. I may do it my self. I am not a professional level diy'er, but if I can, I will.
okay, okay, okay does the ECU get modded, or the APC. Remember I have the 87 9000, I'm still looking around for more info (on my model). I am very interested in this upgrade. Is this related to the trionic upgrade?
With what litte searching I did do I'm thinking about a staggering upgrade cycle. about $300-$350 every month for about 4- 5 months.
While not in this order here are proposed upgrades
Bleeder valve and new speakers front and rear, Proabably going to keep stock radio(for a while, until I go big). month 1
exhaust 3" all the way up, month 2
APC (or whatever) Upgrade. month 3
New high performance all season tires (some snow) month 4 p.s on stock 15" rims
Month 5. Proabaly going to get an 800 w amp and two 10" woofers in a box. well see tho. so what do ya think? P.SS, Plus tons of small repairs:
broken antenna mast. Hatchback latch( What the heck! bugger stuck on me! any tips?) Interior door lights. and loose door panel fabric!
Just so that you know this car was a hand me down
from my sister, she loved it until the turbo went out. And I scooped it up for a cool 0 dollars and a smile (she owed me a ton of money). I just got my taxes back and had been saving for a year
so I am estatic that I have an opportunity to absolutley hook this car up, and still have enough money to eventually get another car(Saab!)
The car while not being immaculate, is in great shape and I have a close mechanic friend that can help me get through the next couple years without the dreaded "cost of repair bug" I also plan on having the coolest 9000 in Cincinnati. So of course any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah and poly bushes, I knew that:) Actually the music equipment isn't that bad, All www.ebay.com ! I make a few long distance trips, which make an excellent system, a necesity. Don't worry, I'll make sure to leave space to pop the tackle box in.(and golf clubs, tennis racquet)
also thanks everyone for the advice, I am now able to make a reasonable decision. I will of course be reading the rest of these posts. This site is so informative I don't feel like a noobie anymore. Thank you all!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts