Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was delayed in begining my quest for more boost because my AC tensioner pulley died and I noticed a leak at the camshaft pulley seal which I just replaced a few weeks ago. Replaced the tensioner pulley and pulled off the camshaft pulley to discover it was cracked so had to replace that too.

Right, well the APC box I got for my B202 wasn't modified at all. But that's okay because now that I have a couple of spares I can break into it and do some creative soldering. I did a temporary install of a boost gauge and put in an MBC. Once I got the hoses in the proper place
it was all
I went from about 7 or 8 psi to about 13 or 14 psi. I'm not pushing it because I still need to address the fuel delivery issue (and I don't want to put in a new engine just now . It's a bit lean after about 11 psi.

Now for the question; the boost doesn't kick in until 3k rpm and I was wondering if there is an adjustment , sans APC, to bring it in earlier, say about 2k rpm. Sorry if I overlooked the information in my topics search. Just roll your eyes and point me in the right direction. Danke.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Tensioner pulleys are a pain in the a**. Mine parted company with the car near Glasgow on Saturday night . Cheap to fix but had to wait until the Monday to get a part, then meant a mad 400 mile drive back leaving at 7pm so I could be in work the next day down in Bristol (speed limits all kept to of course).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts