Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before the trackday I bought Brembo disks, DS2500 pads and braided brake hoses, giving them a few hundred miles to bed in.

They performed fine on the track, no fade. I was v.careful when coming off, having a warm down lap and then parking up with the brakes off (lucky most of the paddock was flat).

Despite this the brakes aren't well. Under very light braking they are fine (with squeal), under very heavy braking they are fine, but anything in between produces noticable vibration.

I have given them about 800 miles of normal driving since but the problems are still present.

Is there anything I can do to sort them out?
Should I contact the supplier or does trackday use make any guarantee invalid?

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Hi Gavin,

You may remember I had the exact same problem on my similarly equipped 9000 at the ring last year?

Well, Maarten's brother, Jerone, (who bought the car from me) informs that after about 6 weeks of normal driving, the brakes returned to normal use and were fine again with no judder.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I remember the problem, and I also remember your nauseating repeated 0-100kph-0 strategy attempting to sort them out

I shall persevere with more normal driving, ignoring the vibration for a while longer and see what happens

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hi Gavin,

I have the exact same brake set-up and it has performed very well in a mixture of road and track use, much better than the stock components for high speed braking. So far no rough spots, but occasional squel from the rears on slow braking. I hope they settle down again soon for you as has been suggested that they will.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Best I Have found for someone who actually keeps stock are:

Brembo : Elkparts (link at bottom of page)

DS2500 : Circuit Supplies (UK) Ltd
Unit 22, Harmill Industrial Estate, Grovebury Road, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, LU7 8FF.
Tel: (01525) 385888
Fax: (01525) 385898
E-mail: [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts