Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a bit of a steer on this one. I want to replace the Lamda probe on my '92 B202 CDiS but having read some other posts it appears that the universal ones on offer from Euro carparts and GSF have proved somewhat problematic due to the ecu being too fussy about the operating resistance parameters of the replacement probe. Have members found this to be the case in all instances or does this happen irregularly? Taking into account the cost, I would like to buy the replacement if there is a good chance at least that it will work. Grateful for any advice.
Cheers.

Colin

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
I can confirm that T5 cars are fussy- I went through 3 non OEM ones before giving up and paying about twice the price for an OEM spec Bosch one, at which point all was well again.

Unfortunately I also don't have any experience of this with LH DI/APC

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Good site Mark! Thanks for the link. They also give the Bosch part number there, which is useful. I asked them for their Bosch part price too, and also asked HelpToday. I asked the local dealer as well (I think I am in need of a new Lambda myself soon, so this is useful).

These are prices for 9000 CSE 2.3 Turbo '95-

All include VAT.

Dealer (Genuine Bosch) - £143.78
Helptoday (Genuine Bosch) - £71-08 (inc. carriage)
Just Lambda (Genuine Bosch) - £79.90 (inc carriage)
Just Lambda (OEM Quality) - £55.81 (inc. carriage)
Just Lambda (Universal) - £42.89 (inc. carriage)
PFS (Universal) - £56.07 (inc. carriage)
Eurocarparts (Guttmann?) - £44.94 (inc. carriage)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts